I was hoping to get this done sooner, but some of the parts took a while to arrive. They're here now, so it's all done.
I also have to say that this the most awkward build I've had to do.
We'll start with the lower section. The baseplate is 48x48, and the first two walls are 1x2x5 panels, with 20 on one side, and 19 on the other. Next is the start of the Technic frame, then filling in the walls. The gap is there for a reason.
Now the top of the Technic frame, made entirely of 6x8 and 4x6 (and pins, of course), and then come 24 7-beams, 23 of which have pins in each end. The empty one, and two pinned ones are used to attach a 16-long Technic brick, which slots into the gap left on the bottom. A couple of Technic bricks and a 2x2 brick are used to fill in the frame, and the remaining 7-beams are used to attach the top and the bottom together.
Next is the floor. The underfloor is four 16x16 plates, 9 8x8 plates, and some 1-stud wide plates to fill in the gaps. With the floor, I started with the plates for the walls, then the lines for the CPZ and Flame Pit, then filled in the CPZ and the bit between them, and then the area around it the edge to finish it off.
Finally, the walls. First, I did the outer half of the walls, then the slopes for the inner walls, then the beams for the lexan panels on top, and then adding the panels, ending with:
The only thing left to do is attach it to the frame:
I considered putting this off, as the next part (the flipper) is a virtually identical build, so I considered doing the two parts in one write-up, but after putting this one together, I decided to do them separately, as I'll be putting it together differently because I don't want to repeat this experience.
Current Progress (According to my BrickLink Wanted Lists)
Flame Pit: 100%